(Excuse the quality, these are my iPhone photos)
1. The tiny plane that took us from Johannesburg to the Ulusaba game reserve.
2. The Ulusaba “airport”.
3. I found this on my bed. Where can you still find handwritten notes nowadays?? The hospitality at Ulusaba was seriously beyond amazing.
4. For my first meal I ordered a Kudu burger, thinking Kudu was just a cute name they gave their burger. Only later during our game drive did I realize I ate an antelope.
5. The vehicle our ranger liked to call “Ferrari Safari”.
6. The most memorable part of my trip (and possibly life): we had been dying to see male lions and after tracing their tracks all morning we finally found 4 of them, walking straight at us. Such big beautiful animals, and we totally made eye contact.
7. I thought he was going to attack us.
9. & 10. Our game drives started at 5:30am every morning. I don’t even remember the last time I saw the sun rise before this trip.
11. Open bar.
12. Looking for lion tracks. Kidding – more like hanging on for my life.
xoxo Jing Leung